• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Australia Stops Making Cars.
Hi To All,

A sad day for Australians today as Ford announced it will be stopping the manufacturing of all Ford vehicles in 2016.

Ford management feels that the high Australian doller, the high cost of labour, and the lack of consumer demand, has meant making Fords in Australia has become not economically viable.

Ford Australia has been bleeding for several years to date, and the Ausralian Government has spent millions and millions of taxpayers money bailing the company out to help keep it afloat.

Another major problem for sales dying away for Ford,has been the big increase with Australians in buying large amounts of imported cars from other countries. Australia has developed a big love affair for imported cars from around the world. GM has also been suffering in this regard as well.

Many jobs will be lost, and it's the end of an era and a long association with The Ford Motor Company and Australia. Quite a tradition really.

Very sad news indeed.

Greg.Sad

whistling LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED
Indeed. A sad day for us all.
Hate to hear that
That is real bad news for all "middle class" citizens.

This "Global economy" is slowly dragging the standard of living in developed countries to third world standards.

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
droptop73;126129 Wrote:That is real bad news for all "middle class" citizens.

This "Global economy" is slowly dragging the standard of living in developed countries to third world standards.

Unfortunately Jeff - you are right.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  
1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 
1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 
1973 Mach 1 (parts car)
Boss1Ray;126133 Wrote:

Ray

I think you're right guys. I think that cheap Asian and foreign labour is having a bad effect in many ways to countries like America, Australia, UK, Canada, Europe.

The local Ford Falcon is a good quality product for our local market, but the Asian imports cost a lot less to manufacture, and the quality is no better,maybe less than locally made Fords.How in the hell do you compete with that?????

Greg.Angry

whistling LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED
Innovation. Unfortunatly people vote with their pocketbook. The value of purchasing a less expensive imported car is greater for them than purchasing a more expensive locally made car.

I try to buy local. I try to buy american when I can. I am willing to pay a small premium for it.

'Mike'
73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in:
Well hopefully things will change by 2016 and they decide to stay...But sounds like they could import them in and make more than making them there...It is too bad...I realy like some of the aussie fords and wished they produced some of the models hereSad
I work around the corner from the Broadmeadows manufacturing plant. Very sad but in the end, all car manufacturing will cease in this country for the reasons stated above. One day the next Mad Max car will be a nice Hyundai people mover!

[Image: Image3.png]
Jim
Austin Vert;126152 Wrote:
Boss1Ray;126133 Wrote:

Ray

I think you're right guys. I think that cheap Asian and foreign labour is having a bad effect in many ways to countries like America, Australia, UK, Canada, Europe.

The local Ford Falcon is a good quality product for our local market, but the Asian imports cost a lot less to manufacture, and the quality is no better,maybe less than locally made Fords. How in the hell do you compete with that?????
Greg.Angry

Unfortunately you don't!

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone out there have a Ford FE 8 Liter 483 Engine? Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 1 92 08-14-2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Don C
  Holman Moody, Ford and Shelby parts & price lists Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 12 556 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
  Ford anniversary John J 1 175 06-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Last Post: CarterCarver
  Aluminum Ford Model T for Morton Salt Co. Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs 2 167 06-07-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: CarterCarver
  Cars and Pin Up Girls rocketfoot 56 3,526 03-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: rackerm
  Nice car at our local Ford dealer luxstang 9 606 02-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Last Post: luxstang
  a little Ford furniture Hemikiller 0 243 12-09-2017, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Hemikiller
  Top 5 Cars @ SEMA 2017 mudbilly 2 559 11-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Last Post: MeanMachine