• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needs Identified
Found the white tube laying on the floor and then found the switch after. 1 male and 1 female spade connector. Not a clue where it came from but I've been working on the dash and wiring harnesses. Huh

[Image: 2rr7aiv.png]

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.
Metal case is the constant voltage regulator, but for the earlier 54.5-68 models without the circuit card.

Am I right?

Let me check your shorts!
http://midlifeharness.com

[Image: Flamicon2.jpg]

[Image: oldfart.png]
Your guess is way better than mine!

Jeff T.

Low buck, touring style, '73 Convertible "rolling restoration", 351c, 2v heads with a shave and a haircut, Performer intake, Holley 650(ish), roller rockers, screw in studs, guideplates, stainless valves, Duraspark / Motorsports MSD, T-5 conversion. 1-1/8" front, 3/4" rear swaybars KYB shocks and some home brewed subframe connectors. Future plans; JGC steering box, Cobra brakes and... paint, interior, etc.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passenger.

[Image: 1_12_09_14_10_15_11.png]
droptop73;125678 Wrote:Your guess is way better than mine!

Ha! I was going to suggest door buzzer as a possibility.

Good job Randy!

[Image: 386_07_10_13_5_58_42.jpeg]
My Mustangs:
71 M-code Mach 1, Medium Blue/White Sport, 4R70W, 3L50, Factory Ram Air.
72 Q-code Mach 1, Pewter/Black Sport, 4-spd, 3L25.
65 Convertible, Britney Blue/White/White, more modified than original.
05 Convertible, Legend Lime/Tan/Tan, future classic??
It looks like a dash voltage regulator it has a adjustment screw but it isn't for a stock 71-73 dashboard, ours uses a 9 volt battery type snap connector not tabs
it is an old style voltage regulator. I bought a replacement and got one of those once. Still have it too!

[Image: 1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png]

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!
So I should be looking where? Where it came off that is.

I don't think the VR was hooked up in your car - are there clean marks on the tabs?

I think the straw type tube was used in a lot of 70's Mustangs. That one seems too short though - did you find a small mirror too Angel
Must have came off the spare harness. My VR is there. Thanks folks!

Good one Don! +1 on the others comments. I would say these go in the extra parts bin. You know, the one you go back to when it doesn't start or things don't work as expected. Problem is, I have several of those, but the darn things keep running.

BKDunha
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)
67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)
Share Thread: