• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tachometer Lead wires
Hey guys can anyone tell me what color wires are suppose to be going to the tach?? Mine was unhooked when I got it, but I have been running a msd tach adapter to make it work. But I want to make sure the 2 lead wires that use to go to the tach are wired together properly. My car had developed a miss last year and I was told that the ignition power ran through the tach leads. So I hoping its just a bad connection. I found a 2 plug connector under the dash with 2 black with blue stripes going to it. Is that the old tach lead??? I have been looking in my factory ford 1971 manual but cant seem to find a schematic??? Any help would be great, thanks.

Also if anyone needs a msd tach adapter let me know, I am removing mine and sending my tach to rocketman to get it converted to work with my msd box without the adapter.

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

turtle5353;125564 Wrote:Hey guys can anyone tell me what color wires are suppose to be going to the tach?? Mine was unhooked when I got it, but I have been running a msd tach adapter to make it work. But I want to make sure the 2 lead wires that use to go to the tach are wired together properly. My car had developed a miss last year and I was told that the ignition power ran through the tach leads. So I hoping its just a bad connection. I found a 2 plug connector under the dash with 2 black with blue stripes going to it. Is that the old tach lead??? I have been looking in my factory ford 1971 manual but cant seem to find a schematic??? Any help would be great, thanks.

Also if anyone needs a msd tach adapter let me know, I am removing mine and sending my tach to rocketman to get it converted to work with my msd box without the adapter.

Should be red/light green stripe.

-jbojo

-john
(jbojo)
351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,
C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at:

jbojo;125587 Wrote:
turtle5353;125564 Wrote:Hey guys can anyone tell me what color wires are suppose to be going to the tach?? Mine was unhooked when I got it, but I have been running a msd tach adapter to make it work. But I want to make sure the 2 lead wires that use to go to the tach are wired together properly. My car had developed a miss last year and I was told that the ignition power ran through the tach leads. So I hoping its just a bad connection. I found a 2 plug connector under the dash with 2 black with blue stripes going to it. Is that the old tach lead??? I have been looking in my factory ford 1971 manual but cant seem to find a schematic??? Any help would be great, thanks.

Should be red/light green stripe.

-jbojo

Both wires are red/green stripe??

Kevin

1971 Mach 1
408C Stroker
C4 w/3,000 stall
8.8" Rear w/3.73's
Disc brakes all way around.

[Image: 28ivsix.png]

Look for a two prong molded bullet plug: one male, one female. Both wires are red/green. The female on the underdash harness is the input into the tach; the male is the output and is directly hooked to the coil.

Let me check your shorts!
http://midlifeharness.com

[Image: Flamicon2.jpg]

[Image: oldfart.png]
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring Harness Wires & Connectors Pegleg 4 467 01-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Last Post: libram
  Tachometer problem Kammertime 24 1,326 11-29-2017, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Kammertime
  Identifying cut wires as well as identifying extra wires. adaptandovercome 10 928 08-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: adaptandovercome
  Tachometer jackf 2 651 07-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Stanglover
  Identifying Cut Wires mrmolding 5 943 05-29-2017, 07:50 AM
Last Post: mrmolding
  Identify these wires/plugs? asusnz 1 546 11-23-2016, 06:22 AM
Last Post: midlife
  More mystery wires in engine bay by firewall ScooterDog 8 1,180 04-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Last Post: eddyw
  couple mystery wires in engine bay fonzogt25 12 1,717 01-03-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: midlife