• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 piece rotor vs. 1 piece rotor
I have a 1973 Mach 1 with stock discs in the front and drum in the rear. I’ll be replacing both with stock parts. I found plenty of rear drum kits that fit and that’s a done deal. The front discs are two piece and its hard finding those. I did find plenty of one piece rotors that fit. Is this the norm today? If I went with the one piece I assume I’ll have to replace the bearings. Is there anything else I need to look for?
sgtjd,

Yes, the standard disc brake rotor for the 1971-73 mustangs are on piece. I have looked high and low with no success. One has to go to the after market to get a kit. For example, Wildwood Brakes for 1973 Mustang with 15 in rims:

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKi...le.&whl=15

At the bottom of the page is the Wildwood Forged Dynalite Pro Series Front Brake Kit- This offers the two piece rotor and hub assembly!

mustang7173
found some one piece rotors that will fit. Next up is finding bearings.
Wrench 
Hello sgtjd,

I see what you meant by the two piece rotor. Here, NPD sells the original style two piece rotors. I believe that they call it two piece due to how it is built or made! My mistake there!

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mu...1-350.html

mustang7173 Blush
I saw that at NPD but they only had one. I asked how long it would take they stated it could be over a month so I went with the one piece. Only thing is I had to replace all the inner and outer bearings and seals.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One used up rotor! lol vikingsandpintos 4 494 12-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Last Post: MeZapU
  One Piece Export/Monte Carlo Brace-Who's interested?? 4mm 30 3,665 07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Fabrice
  drum to rotor conversion help fonzogt25 9 962 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OMS
Wrench Rotor Restoration kcmash 3 854 12-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Bill73Ragtop