• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windlace?
Is there windlace anywhere in the interior of a '72 fastback? When I gutted the interior and there was none. Almost ready to start reinstalling everything and want it to look right, NOT a trailer queen by any means, just want it to look correct.
Good luck on finding anything close to original. I restored a 69 vert a few years ago. The reproduction windlace stuff was horrible. I was lucky to find somebody in line (Ebay) that had decent originals - in the same color. Even though I had to re-dye, the reproduction crap was never gonna work.
Bill73Ragtop;122729 Wrote:Good luck on finding anything close to original. I restored a 69 vert a few years ago. The reproduction windlace stuff was horrible. I was lucky to find somebody in line (Ebay) that had decent originals - in the same color. Even though I had to re-dye, the reproduction crap was never gonna work.
I have seen it available, but my question is, WHERE it goes. I remember that some of the panels actually sort of wrapped around the interior edges where I had windlace on my '66. Just wondering WHERE it goes as I had none on my interior removal.
Front edge of rear quarter panels - top to bottom at sill plate
Bill73Ragtop;123194 Wrote:Front edge of rear quarter panels - top to bottom at sill plate
Ok thanks..............
yup that is the only place it is stapled to the quarter panels from behind there is a edge it mounts to. they make repop windlace for the 71-73 i've used it, didn't have any issues with it.
i basically line it up then drilled holes for the staples, then hand installed the staples and bent them closed by hand. matched the originals just fine.

the older cars used a lot more wind-lace. but for 71-73 it is just on the leading edge of the rear quarterpanel interior pieces.
Share Thread:  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windlace Copestang 4 508 10-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bkdunha
  Windlace and door panel window seals jbojo 9 1,781 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Mikes73