7173MUSTANGS.com
The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - Printable Version

+- 7173MUSTANGS.com (https://www.7173mustangs.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-welcome)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-site-news)
+--- Thread: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia (/thread-the-new-71-73-wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 3

The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - rocketfoot - 11-18-2019

I have been working on a new 71-73 Wikipedia to replace our aging data pages and I gotta say...it is looking GOOD!!

I do need some help!  I have the site laid out and some content populated but I need some better content from you Mustang experts!!  I'd love to see a few members take on a section or two and help write some great content to fill the pages.  We, of course, want it to be factual and correct info.  I have been stuffing whatever I can find into he pages but I need some help!

The new Wiki also includes a 71-73 Registry that automatically populates a spreadsheet after you fill out the registry form!  It is going to be a cool site and hopefully it can be the definitive 71-73 Mustang information archive! 

Take a look and see if you can provide some content for me to copy and paste into the pages!  There are still many sections that need filler including Engine sections, Convertibles, Sportsroofs, Sprints, T5's and much more!  I know we have some experts around here and I know we can get this done!!

https://7173mustangs.com/wiki

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - 73pony - 11-18-2019

Tried using the registry. It won't let me, says the VIN should not be longer than 17 digits which I only entered the standard 11

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - JD79 - 11-19-2019

I have tried as well. Same issue with VIN....

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - rocketfoot - 11-19-2019

Ok...I think I fixed the vin issue...there should be no restrictions on it now.

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - 71coop - 11-19-2019

I originally got around that by entering spaces to fill out the rest of the 17 digits. Went back and tried it again, it seems to work correctly now.

(11-19-2019, 06:11 AM)71coop Wrote: I originally got around that by entering spaces  to fill out the rest of the 17 digits. Went back and tried it again, it seems to work correctly now.

Were you able to go back and edit easily?

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - 71coop - 11-19-2019

rocketfoot Wrote:
71coop Wrote:I originally got around that by entering spaces  to fill out the rest of the 17 digits. Went back and tried it again, it seems to work correctly now.

I didn't see a way to do that from the web page itself, but maybe I missed it - I had to use the email link. Otherwise it was easy enough.

Only editing via the email is not really a problem, but if users could go back through the user control panel, I think it might be a good option.

RE: The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - JD79 - 11-19-2019

Yes it works now! Just registered...

(11-19-2019, 06:31 AM)71coop Wrote:
rocketfoot Wrote:
71coop Wrote:I originally got around that by entering spaces  to fill out the rest of the 17 digits. Went back and tried it again, it seems to work correctly now.

I didn't see a way to do that from the web page itself, but maybe I missed it - I had to use the email link. Otherwise it was easy enough.

Only editing via the email is not really a problem, but if users could go back through the user control panel, I think it might be a good option.

I'll look into editing from control panel...not sure if it is possible the way it is set up with Google forms in order to show the results in the spread sheet but I maybe able to link the direct addresses to the form and spreadsheet.

Also, I added engine codes too so you guys can edit that in if you like!  

Looks good so far!!

The NEW 71-73 Wikipedia - jeremycfr - 11-19-2019

I was all excited to show off my writing skills until you added the silly rule about being factual. I mean why don’t you say that I must actually know what the car looks like. Geez.

With that said,
Shouldn’t it be Sportsroof and not Sportsback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk