7173MUSTANGS.com
ALERTS! - Printable Version

+- 7173MUSTANGS.com (https://www.7173mustangs.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-welcome)
+--- Forum: Site News (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-site-news)
+--- Thread: ALERTS! (/thread-alerts)

Pages: 1 2

ALERTS! - rocketfoot - 10-31-2019

We have a new forum feature called ALERTS! 

Alerts will display certain forum events such as when you receive a reply to a post or when you get rep, etc...

There is a link in the nav bar up top near the USER CP link...it will show you your alerts and you can also delete them from the pop up or you can visit the alerts page from your USER CP.  You can also select which alerts you get from the Alert Settings link in the USER CP. 

I also installed "Mentions" so you can type a members name in a post with an @ symbol in the front (@username) and it will link their profile and send a alert that they have been mentioned!  

Just something fun added to the forum but also useful so you don't miss any Mustang action!!

Thanks and enjoy!!
@rocketfoot

RE: ALERTS! - Fabrice - 10-31-2019

@rocketfoot
this is nice new addition!

As you are in coding mood, one little detail that I miss a lot especially on phone, is a way to jump to a certain page. (copying pasting url and do a page num edit on url is tedious on these)
now we have [prev] [first page] [ max 5 pages pagenums] [next] buttons. There are lots of active threads with tens of pages.
would be handy to have a numerical slider added or replacing this when more than 5.
Or for less html/js effort, to offset the buttons values of page numbers by 4 when using prev or next. Allowing to skip 5 pages easy, yet still allowing 1 by 1 option as now.

Both options would allow to select faster the page you want to view vs one by one. That would also reduce traffic...

RE: ALERTS! - rocketfoot - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 11:28 AM)Fabrice Wrote: @rocketfoot
this is nice new addition!

As you are in coding mood, one little detail that I miss a lot especially on phone, is a way to jump to a certain page. (copying pasting url and do a page num edit on url is tedious on these)
now we have [prev] [first page] [ max 5 pages pagenums] [next] buttons. There are lots of active threads with tens of pages.
would be handy to have a numerical slider added or replacing this when more than 5.
Or for less html/js effort, to offset the buttons values of page numbers by 4 when using prev or next. Allowing to skip 5 pages easy, yet still allowing 1 by 1 option as now.

Both options would allow to select faster the page you want to view vs one by one. That would also reduce traffic...

@Fabrice
I'll have to look into that!  It could be easy or turn into a monster of a project, LOL thumb

@rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot

You did not reply using the alert feature! @Fabrice wants to see how that works! Big Grin

edit: I see you did, but the color wasn't obvious for my old eyes. Red icon may be?

(10-31-2019, 12:05 PM)Fabrice Wrote: @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot

You did not reply using the alert feature! @Fabrice wants to see how that works! Big Grin

edit: I see you did, but the color wasn't obvious for my old eyes. Red icon may be?
@Fabrice

Actually I forgot to reply with the mention...I went back and edited it!  LOL

(10-31-2019, 12:15 PM)rocketfoot Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 12:05 PM)Fabrice Wrote: @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot @rocketfoot

@Fabrice

Actually I forgot to reply with the mention...I went back and edited it!  LOL
If I reply do you get all the alerts again? Big Grin

Edit: Cool, it takes in account only one per message but doesn't ignore previous alerts if between quotes.

RE: ALERTS! - Stanglover - 10-31-2019

@rocketfoot,
Even I might be able to figure this out. Looks good to me.
I see the "attachment" area has also been upgraded, but I've not tried it yet. 
Stanglover
aka Geoff.

(10-31-2019, 01:22 PM)Stanglover Wrote: @rocketfoot,
Stanglover
aka Geoff.

@Stanglover
Yes, I did add an easy attachment upload box to the forum too!  It is just for posting photos and files to the forum server which will eat up you alloted upload space.  The "Add Image to Post" button is still available for quick uploads to Imgbb as well.  Imgbb doesn't use your upload space but we have no control over how long it might stay there, LOL

I am also working on a conversations style private messenger system but I'm not sure I like it or not.  We may have to test it out and see if everyone likes it!

RE: ALERTS! - Stanglover - 10-31-2019

(10-31-2019, 01:35 PM)rocketfoot Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:22 PM)Stanglover Wrote: @rocketfoot,
Stanglover
aka Geoff.

@Stanglover
Yes, I did add an easy attachment upload box to the forum too!  It is just for posting photos and files to the forum server which will eat up you alloted upload space.  The "Add Image to Post" button is still available for quick uploads to Imgbb as well.  Imgbb doesn't use your upload space but we have no control over how long it might stay there, LOL

I am also working on a conversations style private messenger system but I'm not sure I like it or not.  We may have to test it out and see if everyone likes it!
 I just tried the attachment button to upload a pic, but if you remember, I had issues before. It did not upload and shows I have used the 1 gig allotment, but I deleted all but 9 attachments, so I guess the 1 gig is still on the server. Maybe PM me.

Geoff.

RE: ALERTS! - Vinnie - 11-01-2019

@rocketfoot : that's a neat little feature! The forum will soon be a mini-facebook ;-)