7173MUSTANGS.com
WINTER, will it ever end? - Printable Version

+- 7173MUSTANGS.com (https://www.7173mustangs.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-general-discussion)
+--- Forum: Off Topic Discussions (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-off-topic-discussions)
+--- Thread: WINTER, will it ever end? (/thread-winter-will-it-ever-end)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

WINTER, will it ever end? - Stanglover - 03-31-2019

WINTER, will it ever end? Woke up today to 2" of freakin snow!! I have had enough already.  My car is ready for the road, license sticker for the year is on, rebuilt shifter is in and will be installing new tires tomorrow or Tuesday weather permitting. I have a buddy with a mobile "tire shop" and will have to change them in my driveway as unfortunately I don't have a nice double car garage. Then I need more heavy rain to wash the over abundance of salt off the roads...… again.
I'm just getting an overwhelming urge to get out and drive.
Geoff.

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - jpaz - 03-31-2019

I hear you Geoff, enough already! Woke up to about the same, more damn snow. I had to go and put my shovel away so now I’m snowed in, lol. Not getting it back out of the shed.
I hope you have a couple nice days so you can get your tires on, and then get try out that new shifter. And of course break those new tires loose a bit too!

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - Stanglover - 03-31-2019

(03-31-2019, 02:28 PM)jpaz Wrote: I hear you Geoff, enough already! Woke up to about the same, more damn snow. I had to go and put my shovel away so now I’m snowed in, lol. Not getting it back out of the shed.
I hope you have a couple nice days so you can get your tires on, and then get try out that new shifter. And of course break those new tires loose a bit too!

Damn right!!

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - John J - 03-31-2019

Not in Michigan winter is still around.. I just got my car back from the shop and want to drive it. I had the leaking C6 rebuilt and the noisy PS pump replaced. I still need to replace one of the dash light and put the clock and console back in if it ever warms up so I can work on it. I am sick of winter!!!

John J

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - EdM - 03-31-2019

I wore shorts for the first time on Saturday but a cold front came in that had our highs in the 50's.

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - Pegleg - 04-01-2019

(03-31-2019, 01:13 PM)Stanglover Wrote: WINTER, will it ever end? Woke up today to 2" of freakin snow!! I have had enough already.  My car is ready for the road, license sticker for the year is on, rebuilt shifter is in and will be installing new tires tomorrow or Tuesday weather permitting. I have a buddy with a mobile "tire shop" and will have to change them in my driveway as unfortunately I don't have a nice double car garage. Then I need more heavy rain to wash the over abundance of salt off the roads...… again.
Geoff.

Time to move back to the UK or over the border into America

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - NOT A T5 - 04-01-2019

I've heard Mexico is warm  whistling

RE: WINTER, will it ever end? - Stanglover - 04-01-2019

(03-31-2019, 10:12 PM)EdM Wrote: I wore shorts for the first time on Saturday but a cold front came in that had our highs in the 50's.

50's!! we wish. I'd be out driving if it were 50 degrees. Maybe in a week or so we'll see better temps and NO SNOW!!
It just gets frustrating this time of year. All of us who live "up North" have to deal with this every year.
At least today is sunny, but still only just at freezing...……… and it's April Fools day!
Geoff.

(04-01-2019, 03:16 AM)Pegleg Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 01:13 PM)Stanglover Wrote: WINTER, will it ever end? Woke up today to 2" of freakin snow!! I have had enough already.  My car is ready for the road, license sticker for the year is on, rebuilt shifter is in and will be installing new tires tomorrow or Tuesday weather permitting. I have a buddy with a mobile "tire shop" and will have to change them in my driveway as unfortunately I don't have a nice double car garage. Then I need more heavy rain to wash the over abundance of salt off the roads...… again.
Geoff.

Time to move back to the UK or over the border into America

Steve, with all the Brexit BS going on, not a freakin chance. Crap like that is why I got out in the first place. But the southern US might be nice, but then...…..

(04-01-2019, 05:18 AM)NOT A T5 Wrote: I've heard Mexico is warm  whistling

May be warm, but would you want to live there? I'll deal with the cold for a while longer thanks.