7173MUSTANGS.com
MYSTERY Insulated line - Printable Version

+- 7173MUSTANGS.com (https://www.7173mustangs.com)
+-- Forum: Tech Forums (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-tech-forums)
+--- Forum: Engine, Drivetrain and Performance (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-engine-drivetrain-and-performance)
+--- Thread: MYSTERY Insulated line (/thread-mystery-insulated-line)

Pages: 1 2 3

MYSTERY Insulated line - jowens1126 - 12-31-2018

I have been working the last few days replacing all my brake lines.  While im under the car taking off the front cross over brake line I noticed this insulated line just hanging there connected to nothing.

Im just curious if anyone could shed some light on what this goes to.

Thanks

Jim
[Image: mystery-tube.jpg]

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - 71 gbvert - 12-31-2018

Looks like the tube that runs from the exhaust manifold to the choke housing on the carb(?)

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - jowens1126 - 12-31-2018

very possible. Hopefully someone has a picture of where it connects. That would really be helpful.

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs - 12-31-2018

Here is a pic of 73 Q but the heat tube only comes from the intake manifold not the exhaust? I would have to go look closer not looked close in years. Also could be different on 73 with the EGR system.

[Image: DSC-2108.jpg]

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - Don C - 12-31-2018

I believe on the 302s the other end connected to the exhaust manifold.

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - Danno - 12-31-2018

(12-31-2018, 02:39 PM)jowens1126 Wrote: I have been working the last few days replacing all my brake lines.  While im under the car taking off the front cross over brake line I noticed this insulated line just hanging there connected to nothing.

Thanks

Jim

It goes from the rh exhaust manifold to somewhere on the carb choke. housing. I may have my old manifolds from a 302. The right one has this line intact.

(12-31-2018, 04:19 PM)Danno Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 02:39 PM)jowens1126 Wrote: I have been working the last few days replacing all my brake lines.  While im under the car taking off the front cross over brake line I noticed this insulated line just hanging there connected to nothing.

Thanks

Jim

It goes from the rh exhaust manifold to somewhere on the carb  choke. housing.  I may have my old manifolds from a 302. The right one has this line intact.

[Image: getPart?uid=ANP7THtEGG3_XCqJAgs-6LsmEis&...e=STANDARD]

RE: MYSTERY Insulated line - jowens1126 - 12-31-2018

OK keep looking for a picture.

Is this hard tubing line made? Or do I have to make one of my own.

(12-31-2018, 05:21 PM)jowens1126 Wrote: OK keep looking for a picture.

Is this hard tubing line made?  Or do I have to make one of my own.

No idea if it's available by itself. It appears to be possibly pressed into the manifold and there is a connecting nut on the other end.
Are you saying you can't open the picture? I sent it from my phone to my computer then copied and pasted it to the forum. It comes up when I read the post on my computer. I'll ask my wife to sort the picture problem out if it doesn't work for you...………...LOL!!!

(12-31-2018, 06:33 PM)Danno Wrote:
(12-31-2018, 05:21 PM)jowens1126 Wrote: OK keep looking for a picture.

Is this hard tubing line made?  Or do I have to make one of my own.

No idea if it's available by itself. It appears to be possibly pressed into the manifold and there is a connecting nut on the other end.
Are you saying you can't open the picture? I sent it from my phone to my computer then copied and pasted it to the forum. It comes up when I read the post on my computer. I'll ask my wife to sort the picture problem out if it doesn't work for you...………...LOL!!!
[Image: getPart?uid=ANP7THtEGG3_XCqJAgs-6LsmEis&...e=STANDARD]