7173MUSTANGS.com
Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - Printable Version

+- 7173MUSTANGS.com (https://www.7173mustangs.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-welcome)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-introductions)
+--- Thread: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years (/thread-hoping-to-reenter-world-of-mustang-ownership-after-30-years)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - West Valley Mustang - 10-04-2017

Greetings.  After owning a 1969 Mustang Grandé early in life and restoring my family's 1966 Mustang Coupe, I have been away from Mustang ownership for about 30 years.  I am hoping to work out the purchase of a 1972 survivor convertible in the coming weeks.  If all goes well, I will be spending some time here trying to learn some tips on how to spruce up this car.  No major restoration is planned.  I am hoping for a relatively low maintenance cruiser to enjoy in the Phoenix sun.
[Image: 1972_Ford_Mustang_in_Sun_City_AZ.jpg]

fast picture upload

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - JD79 - 10-04-2017

Welcome from the Netherlands. Nice red convertible! Interesting mirrors on the car, haven't seen those before.

Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - Vinnie - 10-04-2017

Welcome from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. I hope it works out for you!

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - LCB1 - 10-04-2017

Welcome from Colorado

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs - 10-04-2017

Welcome from North Carolina. I think the mirror might be the standard one not the racing they were an option.

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - West Valley Mustang - 10-04-2017

I had not noticed the mirror, but now that you mention it, it does not look like some of the others I can see in pictures. I will have to see if this one was replaced and if it matches the other side.

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - luxstang - 10-04-2017

welcome from Luxembourg, Europe!

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - 73pony - 10-04-2017

(10-04-2017, 03:11 PM)West Valley Mustang Wrote: I had not noticed the mirror, but now that you mention it, it does not look like some of the others I can see in pictures.  I will have to see if this one was replaced and if it matches the other side.

That mirror does not appear to be factory. I think the options were the color keyed racing mirror or a chrome one.

Also the wheels are from a '73. The only year those wheels were offered.

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - jeff8877 - 10-04-2017

(10-04-2017, 04:55 PM)73pony Wrote:
(10-04-2017, 03:11 PM)West Valley Mustang Wrote: I had not noticed the mirror, but now that you mention it, it does not look like some of the others I can see in pictures.  I will have to see if this one was replaced and if it matches the other side.

That mirror does not appear to be factory. I think the options were the color keyed racing mirror or a chrome one.

Also the wheels are from a '73. The only year those wheels were offered.

Nice looking convertible. I did notice that the antenna is on the wrong side of car, supposed to be on the passenger side...

RE: Hoping to Reenter World of Mustang Ownership after 30 Years - John J - 10-04-2017

Welcome from Michigan.

John