Which hose for what? Please help!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Mustang Mach 1 Fastback 1973
Hey everyone, I was just wondering which hose is for opening the air conditioning valve, and which is for the emissions' canister?

One hose has a light blue or purple original stripe, the other does not.

Can you tell me which one is for the valve and which one is for the canister?

Both come from the firewall.

See pictures:

Thanks
Ben

Attachments

• IMG_3455.jpeg
    IMG_3455.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3456.jpeg
    IMG_3456.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thank you, I know the manual but unfortunately I can't quite figure it out. :(
The purple one is for the water valve, the schematics show it on the left side but on my car it is on the right looking into the engine compartment. If you need to trouble shoot it, cap one port off on ASSY 19C828 connect the black hose to vacuum, start the car, turn the fan motor on and operate the AC control switch to see if the the proper vacuum motor is being actuated. If you can't start the car a vacuum pump will work providing there are not too many leaks.

The purple one is for the water valve, the schematics show it on the left side but on my car it is on the right looking into the engine compartment. If you need to trouble shoot it, cap one port off on ASSY 19C828 connect the black hose to vacuum, start the car, turn the fan motor on and operate the AC control switch to see if the the proper vacuum motor is being actuated. If you can't start the car a vacuum pump will work providing there are not too many leaks.
Many thanks for the explanation, thanks to your help I have finally understood the schematics correctly! That really helps a lot. Now I can assign it correctly. You guys are the best, I am so grateful to have found the forum.

Cheers
Ben

Back